About Afinia Dental
The word Afinia is derived from affinity, which is defined as a natural attraction to an idea. Afinia Dental exists to serve the needs of our patients in Mason, Cincinnati, and Batavia, the entire community and world.
Ways We Serve Our Patients
- Our dentists show genuine concern for our patients, listen to your concerns and goals and tailor our treatment to address your specific needs.
- Affordable dental care is still possible, even with rising health care costs. At Afinia Dental, we provide quality dental care at fair prices.
- We work toward the goal of continual improvement to provide our patients with the latest technology, treatments, and practices to provide the most effective care to meet your needs.
- Convenience is important to our patients in Mason, Cincinnati, and Batavia, so we attempt to make it easier to be seen by a dentist in a timely manner. We offer early morning, weekend, and evening hours, and emergency care for everything from a cosmetic problem to extreme tooth pain. If you are looking for emergency dentists, walk in service is available.
Our Service to Our Community
- Our dentists participate in our community through our involvement with the Donated Dental Services Program (DDS). This is a collaborative program for dentists to reach out to help people with special needs.
- We volunteer by sponsoring “Afinia Cares Day” Each year to provide the opportunity for people to receive the urgent dental care they need at no cost. Afinia has donated tens-of-thousands of dollars of free dentistry at Afinia Cares Day events over the last few years.
- The Mission Dental Plan is offered to individuals without dental insurance to provide preventative care and dental care at reduced prices.
We Serve the Global Community
- Dr. Killgore is dedicated to giving back, both locally and through his work with Third World Missions. He has traveled to areas that include Uganda, Bolivia, and the Dominican Republic. Afinia Dental also operated a dental clinic on Monterrey Mexico that provides free dentistry to orphans and their caretakers 365 days a year. For more information, check out our blog.
Testimonies and Services
Negative Effects of Nail BitingNail biting is a bad habit that often begins early in life as a response to stress or boredom, or…
Understanding Dental X-RaysWhen you come to your appointments at our dental offices in Cincinnati, there’s a good chance we may recommend taking…
The Importance of Measuring Gum PocketsThe process of measuring gum pockets, also known as periodontal charting, is pretty simple and should be painless as long…
The Oral Health Dangers of Smokeless TobaccoApril is recognized as Oral Cancer Awareness Month, and while many people know the risks associated with smoking tobacco, the…
What’s a Frenectomy and Do You Need One?There are times when the team at our dental offices in Cincinnati may recommend a frenectomy for a patient. But…
A Word to the Wise: Don’t Let Wisdom Teeth Cause TroubleWisdom teeth usually begin to develop and show on x-rays in our early teens. And that’s the best time to…
“Why Are My Teeth So Sensitive?”Do you experience shooting pain through your teeth when you drink something hot or bite into something cold? If so,…
Are Lip & Cheek Biting Actually Bad for You?You know the feeling. You’re happily chewing away on your lunch, talking with a coworker when all of a sudden,…